Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day Five - Elimination



Well I guess the babies have hit a milestone - one pooped on me today!!

Other than that, they have grown tremendously. You can see how they fill my hand now, compared to just four days ago when I could have fit all four in my hand easily. They have pinfeathers starting on their wings also, and are getting darker. I don't know if their bones are ossifying or what, but underneath their skin is getting really dark, almost black, especially along their wings, tails, and bellies.

You might notice this little guy is totally hanging his out off my hand... actually I was catching him! He was trying to wriggle away and I didn't want him to get hurt if he fell from my hand back into the nest. I snapped this picture just as he decided to crap on me... eeeewwww.




No comments: